Wednesday 18 April 2012


The Mad Hatter’s Party…

My niece Marilyn wanted to throw a Mad Hatter’s Party for her Ryan,
So a request for the Whimsical Topsy Turvy Cake was no surprise!
3 days from baking to chilling to carving and then to wrapping and decorating it!  The cake kind of tilted more than I wanted because the humidity and the rain was a killjoy for sugarpaste. However, it served its purpose with its unbalanced looked and actually turned out quite well. It was chocolate underneath and the pairing with sweet yummy fondant was very yummy if I can say from the feedback! 

This is definitely one of my most fun and challenging cake, not so much because of the decoration but learning how to carve and assemble a topsy turvy cake!!! I am sure Alice would have been in awe!

No comments:

Post a Comment